BLOG TITLEBLOG TITLE photo headerdot_zps10bc1c6f.pngBLOG TITLE photo headerdot_zps10bc1c6f.pngBLOG TITLE photo headerdot_zps10bc1c6f.pngBLOG TITLE

Tuesday, October 5

terrific tuesday! :)

today was a great great day.

1. the high today was only 79.  i didn't even know it was possible for houston weather to go below 85, but praise the Lord, it's possible.

2. free chick fil a sandwich for lunch.  pretty awesome.

3. biggest loser tuesday!! enough said. (and kind of ironic considering the rest of this post...)

3. it's october, which means pumpkins are in high supply, pumpkin patches, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin bread, dancing pumpkin cartoons, and last but not least.......pumpkin scones! : )

i'm not entirely sure what got into me tonight.  it might have been the crisp, cool, air lacking humidity, it might have been the cooking blogs i've become completely obsessed with, or maybe it was destiny, but i did it.  i baked some super yummy scones.  : )


ok, so i know the picture looks terrible, and that no one in their right mind would find that appetizing, but i promise you, they taste a billion times better than they may appear.  my new goal is to master the art of food photography, but until then, you're just going to have to trust me.

i found the recipe on one of my new favorite blogs: cook like a champion.  her pictures look a lot better than mine! 

so my run tonight may have been completely negated by my over-consumption of these beautiful baked goods, but it was so worth it.  my apartment smells like a b&bw candle, and i like it! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked the scones! And hey, you should go back to see some of my earlier posts - the pictures are horrendous. I promise it gets easier with practice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those scones look delicious! I totally baked yesterday after browsing cooking blogs for hours. What is it about this time of year that makes you want to make baked goods and then eat them all?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...