BLOG TITLEBLOG TITLE photo headerdot_zps10bc1c6f.pngBLOG TITLE photo headerdot_zps10bc1c6f.pngBLOG TITLE photo headerdot_zps10bc1c6f.pngBLOG TITLE

Monday, December 13

conquering knitting needles

I went on a little bit of an adventure this weekend, to the heights.  Houston Heights to be specific! And let me tell you, I loved it!  It was so fun to get to explore a new and unique part of Houston, and get to do it on a beautiful day made it that much better.


I started off my day at Sew Crafty where I took my very first knitting class.  Sew Crafty is a craft studio and sewing lounge located on 19th street in the Heights.  After looking through the class list, I decided that knitting would be the biggest challenge for me, especially since I had never picked up a set of knitting needles before. I was having the most difficult time holding myself together!  Dropping needles, losing my yarn, wrapping my yarn the wrong way, you name it I was doing it wrong.  But after an extremely tough (yet very rewarding!) 3 1/2 hours, I can officially say that I can knit....
At the rate i'm going, I think I might have a very holey scarf by next Thanksgiving....but at least i'll be warm! : )



1 comment:

  1. Very impressive, Sarah! I heard about Sew Crafty from a Houston friend and I've always thought it sounded so cool. I can't wait to see the finished product next Thanksgiving! [:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...